Friday, October 3, 2014

Settled in Manchester

So, settled with our hosts, Geri’s friend Anne and husband Roy, in Manchester. 

Love Icelandair and am thinking that at their prices even with no stay over in Iceland they might come in handy after I retire and our source of aeroplane points disappears.  We were upgraded at the airport to business class for the Toronto-Keflavik segment.  All for $200 less than Air Transat and about $350 less than Air Canada.

Very friendly folks in the airport in Iceland, hoping that carries on outside the doors when we get back there on Monday.

British border officer not only a Corrie fan but says as most of the cast live in or near Manchester she sees them regularly returning from holidays and tours.  Didn’t even blink an eye when we told her we were entering the UK for three days to visit the set before it is torn down.

That’s the old set.  Rumour here has it the new set on the edge of town may be open or opening soon for tours.

Not much to report.  I am watching an episode of allo Allo (HA!) and doing this while people fuss about various things.  Dinner her and then a pub.

Tomorrow is the big day as our tour tickets get us onto the set at 14:40.  I had thought later, closer to midnight when it closes for demolition.  Was thinking that the closer to closing the more cast and producers would be around (a least one of each supposed to be there all day for speeches and photo ops).  Would have enhanced my chances of being discovered and getting a role, even if just a walk-on.  Was thinking I could pitch a mysterious character who follows Ken home from his extended trip to Canada. Lurking in the Rover’s with a pint in every episode would be perfect for me.  Uses my skills too. :-)

No photos yet as I see to have charged all our camera batteries but neglected to return them to the camera case.  My obsession with only buying cameras that use AA batteries pays off finally as I just need to buy a set or two on the way to the pub tonight after dinner and I can take another of my obssesive-compulsive behaviours out for an airing and shoot lots of photos for uploading tomorrow morning.

More later, inevitable.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment